https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5rLN7mikmg
Makeup tutorials are all over the internet: instagram, youtube, twitter, facebook. There's thousands upon thousands of different looks and products styles and profiles showing different ways to do and perfect your makeup. I think makeup tutorials are part of an insider social currency, as well as remarkable. Some of the perfect makeup that is done is truly remarkable just insanely precise and the before/ after comparison pictures can show a huge difference in the person. Also insider because not everyone can do makeup that well it's kind of an art or skill.
Hot in popular culture right now: Diet fads/ It Works!
This it works crap is constantly on my news feed. Tons of distributors talking about how much money they make while still having time for their kids, etc. And these pills and wraps and shakes and "greens" to lose weight and to have more energy. This is an insider social currency because you have to be part of the group and get more people to buy your products and be apart of your team, and there's a whole support system attached
Hot in popular culture: Passion parties/ Jewelry parties
https://www.google.com/search?q=jewelry+parties&biw=1280&bih=631&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiv9ciLvZnMAhVnsYMKHXRACKYQ_AUICCgD#tbm=isch&q=jewelry+parties+facebook+invite&imgrc=sb2x05xt7DNxMM%3A
Also always getting facebook invites for passion parties/ jewelry parties, etc. Where you go to this event, there's food and beverages and then someone selling dildos or jewelry to get money. And something like "If you bring a friend you get a penis sucker" or "wear a pink shirt and you get free lube!" so I relate this to insider as well as games. Because there's games played at the parties and there's incentives to get you to come to the parties. Insider also because it's a social event and you don't know what's going on unless you're there.
I agree with you on the makeup tutorial. I even try to look them up and it never turns out the way it does on the internet, so it is like an art. I also agree with you about the It Works and the Passion Parties. I get invitations on Facebook to many of these events and there is constantly one happening.
ReplyDeleteI also see "It Works" on my news feed all the time. It is an insider social currency even though I don't know a single person who has tried it.
ReplyDelete