Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Sports Culture in America
Purpose of sports would probably be between the players that have a passion for playing it and the fans that enjoy watching it. Benefits of huge focus on sports is it gives someone a hobby. Something to enjoy outside of school or work. Something to be passionate about, maybe something you're good at and gives you confidence. Also being active in this country is something that's becoming more rare among our society, so being active and healthy is a great benefit to those that are playing sports. Drawbacks of sports being so huge is the extremists. I hate seeing parents that are pushing their kids to practice practice practice, and giving the kid the idea that their only source of achievement comes from their performance in sports. Or parents liking their kid playing the sport more than the kid enjoys playing the sport. Also people watching their favorite sports teams and getting over the top.
If there was anything I think needs to be changed about sports it would simply be the players that are getting in trouble for domestic abuse, drinking and driving, or any other criminal charges that are still being allowed to play or getting a small amount of time off... I think that's bull. It should be treated more seriously and not looked at in terms of how that player benefits the team. Other than that I don't know much about sports.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So i never even considered your perspective when i was writing my blog, and thinking back to what i wrote i must have sounded totally anti-sports. I love your point about sports being active and a hobby, and the perks of it were kids could get more encouragement.i like your positive outlook on sports even though you dont know much about them..(i also liked how you ended the post)
ReplyDelete